In the squad event, dancers perform their own choreography. Each squad has their own allocated time slot to perform their routine
Please see below rules for entering squad events
- The age category for the squad is determined by the oldest member. Proof of age may be required.
- Music must be brought to the event on a CD clearly labelled with the squad name and age category.
- The duration for the small squad category (12 dancers or less) must not exceed 2 minutes.
- The duration for the large squad category (13 dancers or more) must not exceed 3 minutes
- All choreography and music should be appropriate for the age of the squad and the audience.
- Teachers/Coaches are asked not to stand in front of squads when they are dancing unless they are of an age that require guidance
- Dancers may only take part in one squad event
- Stunts, tumbling and any gymnastic manoeuvres where both feet are raised above the height of the head are not permitted (i.e. cartwheels, walkovers etc)
- No props or equipment are permitted in any competition category.
- When there are 7 or less entries in a squad section, this will be danced as a final and each squad will be placed. When there are 8 or more entries in a squad section, we will try to split the event into two categories based on the numbers performing in each squad.
- The winning squad will be presented with a cup and a certificate and each member will receive a trophy. All runners up will receive a Cheerdance UK plaque.
- For the small squad category, a minimum of 6 dancers is preferred however a minimum of 4 dancers will be accepted should injury/illness arise
- Qualified dance teachers are permitted to take part in the squad event
- The adjudicators decision will be final