In the solo events, dancers can select from a choice of five set routines. The routines vary in difficulty with Dance 1 being the easiest and Dance 5 being the most difficult. The set routines are available in the ‘teachers’ section of the website.
All dancers entering a solo event will receive a medal & ribbon for taking part
Please see below rules for entering solo events
- Dancers may only enter ONE solo event (except for when they aren’t competing in a squad and then they may enter TWO solos)
- For those not competing in a squad and entering two solos – the two routines must be consecutive levels i.e. 1&2 2&3 3&4 4&5
- The first round of the solo events will be taken in the following order – Dance 2, Dance 4, Dance 1, Dance 3, Dance 5.
- Dancers should enter the dance level most suited to their ability and teachers should encourage progression through the levels.
- Dancers must compete in the correct age category and proof of age should be available if required.
- Our qualified scrutineer will use the ‘skating system’ to analyse the adjudicators marks. Six dancers will be selected from preliminary rounds into a final round. All finalists will be presented with a trophy at our prize presentation. Occasionally you may see 5, 7 or 8 dancers in a final. This is sometimes the outcome when using this form of marks analysis.
- The adjudicators decision will be final
- Dancers are permitted to perform a few motions of their own choice during the introduction of the music.
- It is understood that there might be a slight difference in interpretation but routines should be matched as closely as possible to how they are shown on the email link.
- First names and dance schools of all competition finalists will be announced during the prize presentation. Should this be a problem for any individual, please speak to your dance teacher who can request that we do not announce the name
- First names and dance schools of all of competition finalists will be published on our website. Should this be a problem for any individual, please speak to your dance teacher who can request that we do not publish the dancers name.
- Qualified dance teachers may enter the solo events. If aged under 25 years please enter dance 4 or above. If aged 25 and over please enter dance 3 or above
- The Additional Support Needs section is offered to those with a mental health, physical or learning disability. To be eligible to compete in this section, dancers must be in receipt of an EHCP (Educational Health & Care Plan) and/or attend a SEN school.